Information & Frequently Asked Questions

Marriage License and Requirements

Visit the County Clerk's Office in the Greene County Courthouse to obtain a marriage license during regular business hours. The requirements are:

  • Pay for the Marriage License. The cost is $60.00 (cash only). No refunds. License may be used immediately or within the 60 days time limit. No witnesses are required in Arkansas. License must be returned used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 Bond will be executed against all applicants for license.
  • Legal age in Arkansas is 18 years to contract for a marriage license in Arkansas. Males age 17 or females ages 16 or 17, may be married with parental consent, and there is a waiting period of five (5) business days.
  • No medical or blood tests are required.

Copies of Marriage Licenses are available for a fee of $1. Certified copies are $5.

How do I assess my personal property?

Personal property assessments are executed by the Greene County Assessor's office. You may either assess over the phone by calling 870-239-6303 or visit the Assessor's office in the Greene County Courthouse during regular business hours. The deadline for assessing all types of personal property including exempt property is May 31st. Assessments filed after this date will include a 10% penalty.

Personal property includes:

      • Motor vehicles - cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles
      • Boats, Motors and Trailers
      • Recreational Vehicles - ATVs, Airplanes

How do I pay my personal property taxes?

Personal property taxes must be paid by October 15th of each year for the previous tax year. Taxes may be paid via mail or in person by visiting the Tax Collector's office in the Greene County Courthouse during regular business hours. If taxes are not paid, license tags cannot be renewed and penalties will accrue.

What is a Justice of the Peace?

A Justice of the Peace is an elected official equivalent to a county commissioner or county supervisor. Arkansas JPs sit on a county quorum court, composed of 9, 11, 13 or 15 JPs. The quorum court is a part-time body, elected from single-member districts, that has overall responsibility for county affairs. Among their responsibilities are passing the budget, creating new ordinances (at the misdemeanor level), setting property tax millage levels, and working with other elected officials. The full-time elected county administrator, who presides over the quorum court, is the county judge. Neither JPs nor the county judge have any judicial authority, though they do have the power to preside over civil marriages. Justices of the Peace are elected every two years to these partisan offices.

What can the Quorum Court do?

The Quorum Court may exercise the following powers, but are not limited to:
  • The levy of taxes in manner prescribed by law;
  • Appropriate public funds for the expenses of the county in a manner prescribed by ordinances;
  • Preserve the peace and order and secure freedom from dangerous or noxious activities; provided, however, that no act may be declared a felony;
  • For any public purpose, contract, or join with any other county, or with any political sub-division or with the United States;
  • Create, consolidate, separate, revise or abandon any elected office or offices except during the term thereof; provided ,however, that a majority of those voting on the question at a general election have approved said action;
  • Fix the number and compensation of deputies and county employees;
  • Fix the compensation of each county officer with a minimum and maximum to be determined by law;
  • Fill vacancies in elected county offices;
  • Provide for any service or performance of any function relating to county affairs;
  • To exercise other powers, not inconsistent with law, necessary for effective administration of authorized services and functions.
  • (ACA 14-14-801)

How do I report road closures?

To report road closures please contact the Greene County Road Department at 870.239.6314

How does involuntary commitment work?

For more information on the process for involuntary commitment, please contact the Case Coordinator.

How do I get a copy of my property tax bill?

For a copy of your property tax bill, please contact the collector's office.

How do I get copies of public records?

Contact the Circuit Clerk for copies of:

  • Land Records
  • Court Records (except for Juvenile or Social Security)

Contact the Assessor for copies of:

  • Personal Real Estate

How do I register as a Subsidized Housing Voter?

To apply to be a Subsidized Housing voter, please visit the Paragould Housing Authority:

6612 E Canal St

Paragould, AR 72450

How do I report Public Safety?

Please contact law enforcement with any concerns regarding public safety.

How do I become a foster parent?

Please contact the Department of Human Services for more information on becoming a foster parent:
809 Goldsmith Rd
Paragould, AR 72450